Please bring any documentation you think is relevant to the questions you are planning to ask the attorney staffing the DAP office. Though you are not required to bring any documentation to your appointment, your half-hour appointment will be best utilized if you have the information readily available.
If you have not yet filed for bankruptcy, please attempt to gather the following before your appointment to share with the DAP attorney:
- Copies of any documents you want reviewed or explained by an attorney (e.g., court documents, creditor collection letters, bills, etc.)
- Your most recent pay stubs or other income statements for ALL income you receive (e.g., full or part-time job, child support income, retirement income, child care income, etc.)
- Your most recent W-2 or Tax Return
- Your credit report - which you can receive free of charge once per year from the following providers:
- Your most recent bank statements
- Documentation of the value of your real property (e.g., house, land) - examples include past appraisals, an estimate from www.zillow.com, etc.
If you have not yet filed but you have drafted your filing forms, you may bring them with you to your appointment for the DAP attorney to review.
If you have already filed for bankruptcy, please bring your case number and copies of any documents you wish to ask questions about.