For Access to Legal Reference Materials
Though your local public law library cannot provide you with legal advice, it can provide you with access to hard copy legal reference materials and often public computer stations. A list of Maryland's public law libraries is provided below.
State and Local Libraries
- Maryland State Law Library - Visit the Robert C. Murphy Courts of Appeal Building, 361 Rowe Boulevard, Annapolis, MD 21410 or call 1-888-216-8156 for additional information.
- Enoch Pratt Free Library - Provides access to public computer terminals and other legal resources. Visit the Central Library, 400 Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 or call 410-396-5430 for additional information.
- County Law Libraries - A listing of public law libraries for Maryland counties is available on the Maryland State Law Library website.
- Maryland People's Law Library - An online service offered by the Maryland State Law Library, which provides legal information and self-help resources.
Law School Libraries (Open to the Public)
- University of Maryland School of Law Thurgood Marshall Law Library - Members of the public may access the law school’s library though some services are limited for visitors. Visit the library at the 500 W. Baltimore St., Baltimore, MD 21201 or call 410-706-6502 for additional information.
- University of Baltimore Law Library - Angelos Law Center, 1401 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Email email@example.com or call 410-837-4554 for additional information.
U.S. Courts Libraries
- U.S. Court District of Maryland Northern Division Library (same location as the Baltimore division of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court) - Visit 101 West Lombard Street, Room 3625, Baltimore, MD 21201 or call 410-962-0997 for additional information.
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fourth District