Procedures for Obtaining a Transcript/Audio Recording of a Hearing
For an Audio Recording of a Hearing, click here
Transcript Request for a Hearing Before a Judge
Please contact one of the court authorized transcription services. You will be advised as to procedures and costs pertaining to your request. The service will ask you to provide: case name and number, name of the presiding judge, the date of the hearing and the turn-around time (refer to chart below). Please note that the Court makes no recommendation as to which service provider to choose.
|Ad Hoc Transcription, LLC
Contact: Kathleen Price
Contact: Lisa or Mike Burns
Tracy Gribben Transcription LLC
Contact: Tracy Gribben Cali
|Transcripts Plus Inc.
Contact: Karen Hartmann,CET
|Janice Russell Transcripts
Contact: Janice Russell
|Writer's Cramp, Inc.
Contact: Lewis Parham
(732) 329-0191 email@example.com
|Jennifer Ryan Enslen
Contact: Jennifer Ryan Enslen
Contact: Ben Kurtzer
(973) 406-2250 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Suburban Reporting Service
Contact: Karen or Marty Scheinberg
|Veritext National Deposition & Litigation Services
Contact: Dion Rupa or Kim D'Alto
*Note: The Court is not accepting applications from other transcript service providers. The current providers are sufficient to meet the Court's needs.
|Transcript||Original||First Copy to Each Party||Each Additional Copy to Same Party|
|7 Day Transcript (Expedited)||$4.85||$0.90||$0.60|
Ordinary Transcript - Transcript to be delivered within thirty (30) calendar days after receipt of an order
14-Day Transcript - Transcript to be delivered within fourteen (14) calendar days after receipt of an order
7 Day Transcript - Transcript to be delivered within seven (7) calendar days after receipt of an order
Daily Transcript - Transcript to be delivered following adjournment and prior to the normal opening hour of the court on the following morning, whether or not it actually is a court day
*Hourly Transcript – (Not generally available) - .Transcript of proceedings ordered under unusual circumstances, to be delivered within two (2) hours
Reviewing a Transcript
In accordance with the policy established by the Judicial Conference of the United States:
- A transcript provided to the Court will be available at the Clerk's Office for inspection only for a period of 90 days after it is delivered to the Clerk.
- During the 90-day period, a copy of the transcript may be obtained from the transcriber at the rate established by the Judicial Conference, and an attorney who obtains the transcript from the transcriber may obtain remote electronic access to the transcript through the Court's CM/ECF system for purposes of creating hyperlinks to the transcript in court filings and for other purposes.
- After the 90-day period has ended, the filed transcript will be available for inspection and copying in the Clerk's Office and for downloading from the Court's CM/ECF system through the judiciary's PACER system.
Additionally, there are requirements for parties to review the transcript for privacy related matters. Please review this document for details about the policy as well as the procedures to be followed.